Stream SteamVR with the Oculus Link Cable
✅ Easy setup.
✅ Good quality of video signal.
❌ Recommended >cable management< is needed.
❌ Same games not supported (compatibility like the Rift S)
Stream SteamVR wirelessly with Virtual Desktop
✅ More games compatible with Cybershoes
✅ You are free. No cable issues to disturb your experience.
✅ Lower Cost: 802.11ac WIFI router + Virtual Desktop app.
❌ Video signal has compression artifacts on detail-rich surfaces when in motion.
Purchase the original Oculus 5m / 16ft Link Cable on the >Oculus store<.
If you’re wondering about the price of 79.- it’s made of glass fibers to achieve the extra length.
Once the Quest is physically connected, the Quest can be used equivalently to a Rift S.
Also, this applies when wondering which games are compatible with Cybershoes.
See this link for our recommendations on >cable management<.
- Reserve about 2 hours, you’ll need to download the heavy software packages from Oculus, Steam, and SteamVR, and put your Quest into the developer mode.
- Get a WiFi router that has 802.11ac or 802.11ax standard. Most likely, the router that comes from your internet provider isn’t good enough.
- Then sideload Virtual Desktop to your Quest (you need to activate developer mode).
Why we love this method:
Once you’re done with the setup, it’s the most convenient thing ever. Also, this empowers the use of your PC from the Quest plus gives you access to the Sidequest universe which is also really cool.
If the guide isn’t helpful, please report the issue: dev@ cybershoes.io and we’ll try to help you.
- Start Virtual Desktop from inside the Quest
- Connect with your PC from inside Virtual Desktop.
If you can’t find the PC: make sure the WAN port of the router is connected with the internet, the LAN port of the router with the PC, and that the Quest is in the same WIFI network as the router. Also, check your Oculus user name.
Now you can already take full control of your PC.
- Start Steam VR
- Exit SteamVR and install Cybershoes from Steam
- Don’t forget to connect the Cybershoes receiver to the PC!
- Check the following permissions:
steamVR->settings->startup->OVERLAY APPS: “Cybershoes”
- RecRoom and Cyberrunner are suitable free games for a first test.
Be careful: jumping and climbing stairs/rocks can induce motion sickness.
- Troubles? Please see the Self Diagnosis Video and how to Set Up Cybershoes, or contact us with your problem.