How to use Cybershoes on your Quest
Currently, you have 2 options:
- Stream SteamVR via the Oculus Link Cable
✅ Easy setup.
✅ Good quality of video signal.
❌ Recommended >cable management< is needed.
- Stream SteamVR wirelessly with Virtual Desktop
✅ More games compatible with Cybershoes
✅ You are free. No cable issues to disturb your experience.
✅ Cost (a bit lower): 802.11ac WIFI router + Virtual Desktop app.
❌ Video signal has compression artifacts on detail-rich surfaces when in motion.
Stream SteamVR via Oculus Link Cable
Purchase the original Oculus 5m / 16ft Link Cable on the >Oculus store<.
If you’re wondering about the price of 79.- it’s made of glass fibers to achieve the extra length.
Once the Quest is physically connected, the Quest can be used equivalently to a Rift S.
Also, this applies when wondering which games are compatible with Cybershoes.
See this link for our recommendations on >cable management<.
Stream SteamVR wirelessly to the Quest
Use the 5G bands of a WIFI router that has 802.11ac standard.
Sideload Virtual Desktop to your Quest (you need to activate developer mode).
- MOST DETAILED STEP BY STEP GUIDE:
- Use a WIFI router ( >amazon link< ) that has the 802.11ac standard.
Wire up ( >amazon link< ) the WAN port of the router with your internet modem.
Wire up one LAN port of the router with your PC. This speeds up the data rate.
Connect your Quest using the 5G WIFI network.
- Register at >https://dashboard.oculus.com/organizations/create/<
as a developer using any name as your company name.
It’s OK to do that because the term developer is not a protected one.
>Video guide by Tyco Tech<
- Use your mobile phone to activate Developer Mode on your Quest.
- Purchase Virtual Desktop on your Quest
- Install the free >Virtual Desktop Streamer App< on your PC and
enter there on the PC your Oculus account user name
- >Video Guide by Tyco Tech<
- Install >Sidequest< on your PC
- Connect your Quest with the PC via USB 2.0 or 3.0 cable
- Sideload (=update) Virtual Desktop using Sidequest
- Start Virtual Desktop from inside the Quest
- Connect with your PC from inside Virtual Desktop.
If you can’t find the PC: make sure the WAN port of the router is connected with the internet, the LAN port of the router with the PC, and that the Quest is in the same WIFI network as the router.
Now you can already take full control of your PC.
- Start Steam VR
- Use a TWO SECOND press on the left system button to access the SteamVR menu where you find the Cybershoes User Interface.
THE REASON WHY WE LOVE THIS METHOD:
Once you’re done with the setup, it’s the most convenient thing ever. Also, this empowers the use of your PC from the Quest plus gives you access to the Sidequest universe which is also really cool.